Uninstall and reinstall Skype
- Quit Skype. If you can see the Skype icon in the task bar, right-click it and select Quit. If you can’t see it, right-click the task bar (or press Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and click Task Manager, then select Skype and click End Task.
- Press the Windows and R keys on your keyboard at the same time.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run dialog and click OK.
- Find Skype in the list, right-click it and select Remove or Uninstall. (If you can’t find Skype in your installed programs, follow the directions here).
- Download and install the latest version of Skype.
If you’re still having problems, try completely uninstalling and reinstalling Skype.