shopify.com Cancel or delete an order
Admin → Orders
You might need to cancel an order if you need to give a refund, or if a customer changes their mind about an order before you’ve captured payment for it.
If you cancel an order, in whole or in part, the details as to what was restocked and refunded will be stored in the Order History. For example:
To cancel an order:
- From your store admin, go to the Orders page.
- Click on the order number that you would like to refund.
- Click the … button.
- Click Cancel Order to cancel the order.
- Select the appropriate reason for cancellation from the drop-down menu.
- By default, no refund will be issued unless you choose to issue a partial refund or a full refund at this time. Click to learn more.
- If you do not want to restock these items to your inventory, uncheck Restock items.
- Choose whether or not to send a notification email to the customer.
- Then click Cancel Order.