How to Delete Your Personal Information from Intelius.com
How to get Intelius records removed;To get your information removed from Intelius, you’ll have to place a request for each record that refers to you. The process is as follows:
- Prove your identity: Make a copy of your driver’s license or state-issued identification card to send to Intelius, but before you send it, cross out your photo and license number. Intelius only requires proof of your name, date of birth, and address.
- Describe the record you want removed: You have to be precise about this, and the request must be submitted in a written letter. You need create a separate request for each name variation. For example, a request to remove “John Smith” won’t remove “John Q. Smith,” so you’ll need to request that both be removed.
- Send your request by fax: Send the letter and copy of the identification card to Intelius at 425-974-6194. Intelius won’t accept opt-out requests by phone or email.
- Wait: You should receive a response within 4-6 weeks.
- Monitor regularly: Even after you opt out, your information may reappear periodically. This is because Intelius scans for new records automatically, and whenever something appears, it creates a new listing. The only way to prevent this is to have your original government records sealed, which may or may not be possible depending on the specifics of your situation.