How to delete duplicate entries created by Mint?
I can understand how frustrating it is when transactions appear multiple times within Mint but only once in your bank account. The way that Mint displays information is based on the information sent from the bank. So somewhere in the files from the bank, those transactions/accounts are showing multiple times. In order to remove Duplicate Transactions:
- Click one of the duplicate transactions.
- Click Edit Details that appears right under it.
- In the box that opens, check This is a duplicate at the bottom left.
- Click the orange I’m Done button at the bottom right.
You can also Edit Multiple Transactions by:
- Go to the Transactions tab, and locate the transactions you want to edit
- Check multiple transactions (Checkboxes) to activate Edit Multiple button – it will appear to the left of the Add a Transaction button. Click Edit Multiple.
- Make changes to Description, Category, and Tags as needed. You can also use this to mark multiples transactions as Duplicates.
- When finished, click the I’m Done button at the bottom right of the edit box to save your changes.
If you need to remove whole accounts that have been duplicated, you can Hide them by:
- Login to your Mint.com account.
- Click the Accounts link at the top of the page in the black menu.
- Click the Hide tab in the top-right corner of the pop-up.
- Select the radio button for the account you wish to hide and decide if you want to hide it from Budgets & Trends or Everywhere.
- Click Close at the bottom right to save your changes and exit.