Closing Your Account | Linkedin Help Center ,How to close and delete your LinkedIn account
Closing your account means deleting your profile and removing access to all your LinkedIn information from our site. If you have a Premium account, you can cancel the Premium access, but still keep your free Basic account to retain your profile, connections, and other information.
Before you close your only LinkedIn account, please note:
- You won’t have access to your connections or any information you’ve added to your account.
- Your profile will no longer be visible on LinkedIn.
- Search engines like Yahoo!, Bing, and Google may still display your information temporarily due to the way they collect and update their search data. Learn more about how your profile shows up in search engine results.
- You’ll lose all recommendations and endorsements you’d collected on your LinkedIn profile.
You can close your only LinkedIn account on the Privacy & Settings page:
- Move your cursor over your photo in the top right of your homepage and select Privacy & Settings.
- You may be prompted to sign in to your account again.
- Click the Account side tab next to the shield icon near the bottom left of the page.
- Under the Helpful Links section, click Close your account.
If you’ve created more than 1 account, learn how to delete or merge a duplicate account.
Do you want to keep your account but receive less email?
- You can set the frequency of email communications from the Communications section on the left side tab near the bottom of your Privacy & Settings page to reduce email notifications, group digest emails, and LinkedIn announcements.