How do I cancel my U.S. Quickbooks subscription?
You can cancel anytime in a few easy steps, just make sure you have Master or Company Administrator access. Before you cancel, we recommend that you print all QuickBooks forms or reports that you might need.
Note: You won’t be able to cancel a QuickBooks Online company using the mobile app.
Note: QuickBooks Online doesn’t have a feature in place that will allow you to set the account to be canceled automatically on a specific date. If you need to cancel the account, please follow the process in this email on the day that you want the cancellation to take place.
- Sign in at https://qbo.intuit.com. When signing in, note the following:
- If you have companies under more than one user ID, be sure to use the user ID for the company you need to cancel.
- If you have more than one company under the same user ID, be sure to select the correct company on the Company Selection screen after signing in.
- If two subscriptions have been created for the same company by mistake, it may be difficult to tell which subscription needs to be canceled when signing in. Sign in to both subscriptions and view the Chart of Accounts or a Transaction List report for each. Once you know which subscription contains the lists/transactions you need to keep, sign in to the other subscription to cancel it.
- Click the Gear icon.
- Select Your Account (or Account and Settings depending on what you see).
- On the Billing info (or Billing & Subscription depending on what you see) page, click Edit Billing Info.
- Click Cancel Subscription.
- Answer all of the exit survey questions and Click Continue. We’d like to hear why you are canceling your subscription so we can work to improve the program and its features. You will receive a confirmation that “Your QuickBooks Online Subscription has been canceled” and the Master Admin will receive a confirmation via email.
NOTE: If you have QuickBooks Online with bundled payroll – these steps will also cancel your payroll subscription.