How do I cancel my Barnes and Noble Booksellers order?
Canceling an Order or Item Purchased on BN.com: All Physical Products
Please note that when you submitting a request to cancel an item/order, our fulfillment system continues to process the order. This means that the timeframe to edit the order may expire while making changes.
To review an order and determine if any of the items can be cancelled:
- Open BN.com and click “Sign In” at the top left corner of the home page. Enter your BN.com account information and sign in.
- After you have signed in, click on “My Account”, which is also located in the top left corner of the screen. Click “Order Status” from the list of options that appears below My Account.
- In the Order section of the My Account page, locate the order you want to review. Search by order number or date range. If you placed an order as a Guest, search by email address.
- Once the order has been located, click on the order number link that you want to review. This link opens the corresponding Order Details page and displays all the items in that order.
- Each item’s has a Status that is displayed to the right of the item. If a link to Cancel appears below the Status field, you may process a cancellation request. To cancel the item, click the Cancel link.
Please note: If a link to Cancel does not appear below Status, then the timeframe for submitting cancellation requests has passed and the item cannot be cancelled. For information about our refund and return policy, click here.
- Clicking the Cancel link navigates you to a new screen that displays the item, the quantity, and the price. Confirm that the Cancel box of the item you want to cancel is filled in with a checkmark, and select the Reason for the cancellation from the Select Reason dropdown menu.
Please note: If you are canceling multiple items, fill in the checkbox of all items to be cancelled and select a Reason for each.
- After the Cancel checkbox has been marked and a Reason has been selected, click Cancel Checked Items to finalize the cancellation.
We will send an email notifying you if the cancellation was successful. Please note that when you submitting a request to cancel an item/order, our fulfillment system continues to process the order. This means that the timeframe to edit the order may expire while making changes.
Canceling NOOK Book Orders
NOOK Book orders cannot be canceled or refunded. If you have technical difficulty with a product, please contact NOOK Support.
Canceling Orders for Downloadable PDFs from SparkNotes and Quamut
Once the PDF is available for SparkNotes or Quamut products, the order cannot be canceled. Downloadable PDFs are also non-returnable. All PDF sales are final.
Canceling Print Magazine Orders
You may cancel a magazine subscription at any time and receive a credit for the unfulfilled part of your annual subscription. Monthly subscriptions are not refunded when cancelled, but you will receive the remaining issues for that month. To cancel a printed magazine subscription, please contact our print magazine subscription provider:
M2 Media Group
Phone: 1-877-210-3427, seven days a week, between 8 AM and 9 PM EST.
Canceling Digital Magazine Orders
Digital magazine subscriptions can be cancelled at any time. Click here for information about how to cancel digital magazine subscriptions.
Canceling Marketplace Orders
For information about canceling Marketplace orders, click here.