How To Delete an Instagram Account
Permanently deleting your Instagram account is easy, just follow the right steps. Here is how to quickly and fully delete your Instagram account.
Delete Instagram account: backup your photos
Before you delete Instagram, you should decide whether you want to backup all your photos. You can login to the Instagram website and drag your photos one at a time to a Finder folder, but there is also a website called Instaport.me that automatically downloads all your photos. Follow these steps:
- Open Safari and log on to Instaport.me.
- Click Sign In with Instagram.
- Enter your Instagram username and password, and click Authorize.
- Click Start Export.
The Instaport site starts gathering all of your files. This process can take quite a while (depending on how many images you have). When it is finished click Download Only (or click Donate & Download and thank the makers of the site for their time).
Delete your Instagram account from the web site
Sadly there is no way to delete your Instagram account directly from the iPhone app. instead you need to open a web browser on your Mac and delete your instagram account from there. Here are the steps you need to take to delete Instagram:
- Open Safari and visit Instagram.com.
- Enter your username and password and click Log In.
- Click on your name in the top right-hand corner of the screen and choose Edit Profile.
- Click I’d like to delete my account
- Choose an option from the Before You Go, Please Tell Us Why option.
- Enter your password in the To Continue, Please Enter Your Password field.
- Click Permanently Deactivate My Account
- Click OK.
That’s it. Your Instagram account is now permanently deleted. All of the photos you have added to this account have been deleted, and there is no way to reactivate your account. So please make sure to back up your photos first.